Friday, March 24, 2006

Daily Lessons

Back a few months ago, I started a blog for some of the realizations I was getting in my daily life, since being on the spiritual path has been so rich. But after a while, there was just too much to write. The artist and writer in me is screaming for a chance to write it all down. But after all, as I WAS SHOWN from a very wonderful healer who came to my aid in Berkeley one day, the most important thing is the present and anything beyond is subordinate.

The thing is, it's one thing to know something intellectually, but another thing altogether to actually experience it. I'll use an example so many sages have before: I can tell you with as much eloquence and emphasis as possible how good honey tastes, but you will never know the taste of honey until you actually experience it.
What then to actually experience such truths as:
+ it doesn't matter what other people think. Social graces, cultural capital, the favors of social popularity, again fall way below the most important thing.
+ I truly do act in aversion and attraction!
+ Anger really does arise like a monster within me. And I really can, with patience and reasoning and wisdom, allow it to pass without feeding it.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for sharing your truths, a few of which i experience... at least weekly. still working on the anger... still workin'

when you come back syllie?!

xj

8:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home